Tuesday, May 19, 2009

One Last Hurrah

It’s down to one last week in Botswana now, but things haven’t gotten boring yet. Friday was my last official day of work with Flying Mission, and on Saturday I left Maun and came down to Gaborone to spend my last days in the country. I had thought I was finished with my flying here, but I turned out to be very wrong. On Monday, I was in at the Flying Mission office catching up with people and finalizing some things, when a call came up for a mercy flight. My dad happened to be on the flight schedule for the day, and one thing led to another, with the end result being that I was given the opportunity to fly one last medical flight in the King Air with, of all people, my father as the captain. It ended up being a long day, with two different medical flights and a total of nearly 8 hours of flying. But I’ll trade some words in for a few pictures...

One last African sunset


Medics made us wear facemasks (for a meningitis patient).



Kgale Hill overlooking Gaborone

No comments: