Monday, September 29, 2008

Gear Incident at Maun

I mentioned that there had been an incident in the same type of plane that I was flying a week or so before my own landing gear problems. I've found the story buried in a few places, most of them non-english websites. The local newspaper, The Ngami Times, was the only english one I found...unfortunately their website is a bit of a mess. If you go here, though, you should be able to read the story. Or you can go here and scroll down to find the story and some sharper pictures. The headline was "LEATHERMAN SAVES PILOTS."

2 comments:

davisagli said...

Wow.

I also enjoyed the next headline on the page, "Creatures steal pastor's money." Maun is a tough town, it seems.

Travis said...

Yeah. The newspapers here are pretty funny sometimes. The best front-page headline yet, from last week: "Ratings Flactuate."